Monday, November 4, 2013

Flooding Blue

I'm happy to announce that another song has been completed. It's titled, "Flooding Blue." This was never previouly planned to be on this album before now. I was fiddling around on the synthesizer with a drum beat and came up with this little riff. It was literally put together on the spot. It was improvised, and i thought it sounded good, so i decided to keep it. It lasts for 4 minutes. I recorded it, edited it a little, and now i have an opening track for "The Gramollie Experience." It's not very melodic, but it has a wonderful funky beat. It may be something like you'd hear in the background of a video game. It's by no means the best song ever, or the best song that i've recorded, but I think it's pretty cool. I plan to place it as the opening track to the album.I think it's perfect for setting the atmosphere. I showed it to my test audience and they gave mixed reviews. They all agree that it has potential though. According to them, it would be better if it had more of a melody. However, i'm not going to change it at all. Partly because i'm lazy, and partly because I think it's just how I want it to sound. In my opinion it's perfect for what it is, so I'm keeping it.

While creating this, I learned that you can make something decent on the spot. If you just sit at the keyboard and start noodling around, you never know what you're going to come out with. Improvisation is very important, and you'd be surprised what you could create if you try. I'm very happy with the final result of this track. Meanwhile, Tequila and Mahna Mahna are still in production. Thanks for reading.

NJ

1 comment: